Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Revisiting Summer Vacation

Labor Day marks the official end of summer although, in my world, it's usually the 1st day of school! I spent the entire summer not once posting about our vacations/summer activities. Today, I'm going to revisit our summer before I begin taking out pumpkins and getting ready for all things Fall!
 
Boy, was this summer busy! I don't remember it ever being as busy as it was. June started out slower paced, but July just flew right by.
 
We celebrated Lily's birthday right when school ended with a water slide party. The girls attended Vacation Bible School at the beginning of June, and we broke away for a quick trip with our cousins!

 
 
Swimming lessons kept them busy for 2 weeks, we celebrated the 4th of July, enjoyed the circus, and then Mom escaped to the beach for a weekend girls trip...much needed!
 
 
We took one more weekend trip to New Orleans as a family before school started. We visited the insectarium and ate our fill of beignets! Yum!
 



 
 
An adult getaway was a must! It was Craig and I's last adult vacation before the baby comes, and I'm sure will be our last adult vacation for a while. We enjoyed visiting beautiful Massachusetts...Cape Cod, Nantucket Island, Boston, and Salem.
 





Summer is over! It was a fun one, but I'm ready for cooler weather, changing leaves, pumpkins, and Halloween!

Until next time...







 

No comments:

Post a Comment