Friday, January 23, 2015

6 years down...

6 years ago, today, we did this...
 
 
 January 23, 2009 was one of the best days of my life. I remember being on cloud 9 and so happy to be starting a new chapter in my life with him. We were friends for 2 years and then dated for 6 years before we were married. I feel like we've been together forever, but sometimes I feel like it was just yesterday. 6 years of marriage today is like an anomaly so I'm happy to say that if I had to go back and do it over again, I would most definitely pick him.   

 
Marriage is hard. Marriage with children is harder. Love and commitment are things we have to chose daily in order to keep this marriage strong. I'm so lucky to have married a good man who works tirelessly for his family and is a great father to his children. I remember in our marriage retreat, a few weekends before we were married, I was asked what quality it was about him that first attracted me to him. What I said that day is so true, and is still true 6 years later...he has a good heart. Cliché or not, he is my best friend, he can always make me laugh, and he knows me so very well. It's easy to go through life with someone like him by my side. My prayer is that we are blessed with many, many more years together. One of the best decisions I ever made was marrying him.
 
Happy Anniversary, Craig! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment